Have a solid plan.
A strong financial plan is not complete without taking into account the tax implications of your financial decisions. Regardless of the investment you are considering, there are tax smart strategies you can use to reduce, delay or eliminate taxes:
- Ask how tax-deferred investments can help you achieve long-term growth goals
- If you are an more active trader, find out how you can use a tax-deferred account to minimize taxable events
- Ask about certain investment returns that are free from federal and state income taxes
- Ask for a review of each investment option and the tax implications of each one
- Take the issue of capital gains into account when it comes to buying and selling investments. In particular, ask how you can use capital losses to off-set capital gains
The more money you save in taxes, the more money you have to invest and enjoy.
You can discuss how to account for taxes with a Financial Consultant, licensed through our broker-dealer CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), today. Schedule a complimentary consultation by visiting a DFCU Financial branch near you.
Tax laws are complex and subject to change. This information is based upon current federal tax rules in effect at the time it was written. CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS) and its Registered Representatives do not provide tax or legal advice, and do not, by providing you this information, hold themselves out to be "fiduciaries" of your tax-deferred plans. Clients should always check with their tax or legal advisor before engaging in any transaction involving IRAs or other tax-advantaged investments.