- Assess your current banking needs – stop by one of our locations in Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Grand Rapids and Lansing to meet our experts. We'll assess your current banking needs, match your business's needs to a DFCU business deposit solution and answer your questions about switching your business accounts to us.
- Gather documentation – please have the documents needed to open your business deposit account based on the legal type of business you operate:
- Forms and signatures – are a necessary part of the account opening process.
All owners of the business must sign the Business Resolution and a Business Membership Application (forms below).
- Switch to us – here's how the process works:
If you are moving your banking relationship from another financial institution, our representatives will help you determine which business accounts and services best meet your small business's banking needs. During our initial conversation, we'll explain how to use your DFCU Financial business accounts to your company's advantage in the future.
We'll work with you to identify automatic payments transferred from your existing business account(s) and provide you with the necessary letters to make the transition to DFCU.
We'll generate a letter for you to submit to your current financial institution to close your existing business account(s). Start to finish, we're here to guide you through the steps necessary to complete the switch:
- Updating account information on websites you use often
- Switching online bill-pay service, if applicable
- Changing recurring transactions linked to an existing debit card
- Business Switch Kit Checklist
We're here to help and answer your questions.
If you have questions any time throughout the process, please contact your local DFCU Financial Branch at 888.336.2700 or your DFCU Member Relationship Representative's direct line.