2021 DFCU HOLIDAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of DFCU Financial (“Sponsor” or “DFCU”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The 2021 DFCU “Holiday” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins on 11/26/21 at 12:00 AM [midnight] Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 12/31/21 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).
DFCU Financial, 400 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who live and/or work in Michigan who, as of 11/26/21, are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have a personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card Account and/or a DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card linked to their DFCU personal checking account.**
Please note: Personal accounts MUST be open for the duration of the Promotion as well as at the time of the winner drawing/winner notification.
**For joint personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card Accounts or joint personal checking accounts where a DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card has been issued to more than one (1) person, only the primary account holder (as per Sponsor’s records) will be considered the Entrant.
Promotion is void outside of Michigan and where prohibited.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in the Promotion:
Agreement to the Official Rules:
- Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor, Mastercard® International Incorporated, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities or any entity involved in the development, production, or implementation of the Promotion, including prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children, and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not.
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How To Enter:
Credit Card Prize Drawing:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card, you will receive one (1) entry in the Credit Card Prize Drawing (“Credit Entry”).
Debit Card Prize Drawing:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card (whether made via the Credit or Debit option), you will receive one (1) entry in the Debit Card Prize Drawing (“Debit Entry”).
Restrictions on Debit/Credit Entry:
The following transactions are not “qualifying” and therefore will not result in Credit Entry (if made using DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card) or Debit Entry (if made using DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card), as applicable:
- If Card is used to obtain cash via ATM or from a retailer when making purchase transaction** (for DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card) or for cash advance (for DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card).
**But, if the DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card purchase transaction is otherwise “qualifying,” the purchase transaction will still result in Debit Entry.
If using DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card, the following transactions are also not “qualifying” and will not result in Credit Entry:
- Use of DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card to pay balances on Entrant’s other Credit Cards; or
- The transfer of balances from Entrant’s other Credit Cards to his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card.
In addition, any transactions for an entity which are not fully authorized by the entity will not result in Credit Entry or Debit Entry, as the case may be.
How To Enter Without Purchase:
To receive one (1) Entry into the Promotion without a purchase:
- Print your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, email address, the last three (3) digits of your/the applicable entity’s DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card or DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card, the year in which DFCU issued the corresponding Card to you/the applicable entity and, if participating on behalf of an entity, your title/position at the entity on a 3” x 5” card;
- Mail the 3” x 5” card in a business-size (#10) envelope to DFCU Financial, P.O. Box 6048, Dearborn, MI 48121.
- Persons with a DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card must include “CC” on the outer envelope and will be entered in the Credit Card Prize Drawing; persons with a DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card must include “DC” on the outer envelope and will be entered in the Debit Card Prize Drawing. (If a person or entity has both a DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card and a DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card, select the Prize Drawing to be entered by including either “DC” (for Debit Card Prize Drawing) or “CC” (for Credit Card Prize Drawing) on the outer envelope (“Debit Mail Entry” or “Credit Mail Entry”).
- Debit Mail Entries and Credit Mail Entries must be postmarked by 12/31/21 and received by 1/4/22.
Random Drawing, Winner Notification:
- If copied or mechanically reproduced, 3” x 5” card submission will not result in receipt of Debit Mail Entry or Credit Mail Entry (as applicable). Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted separately in its own business-size envelope to result in receipt of Debit Mail Entry or Credit Mail Entry (as applicable); if more than one (1) 3” x 5” card is submitted in the same envelope, all 3” x 5” cards contained therein are void and no Debit Mail Entries or Credit Mail Entries (as applicable) will be received in conjunction therewith.
Prizes (Approximate Retail Value – ARV):
Credit Card Prize Drawing
FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES
- The potential winners will be selected in two (2) separate random drawings: the Debit Card Prize Drawing and the Credit Card Prize Drawing. The Credit Card Prize Drawing will consist of all eligible Credit Entries and Credit Mail Entries received; the Debit Card Prize Drawing will consist of all eligible Debit Entries and Debit Mail Entries received. (Entries received for one  drawing may only be eligible for that drawing.)
- Odds of winning a prize in the Credit Card Prize Drawing depend on the total number of eligible Credit Entries and Credit Mail Entries received; odds of winning a prize in the Debit Card Prize Drawing depend on the total number of Debit Entries and Debit Mail Entries received. Drawings will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, on or about 1/20/22.
- Potential prize winners will be contacted by the Administrator by email or phone (at Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of notification. If potential prize winner is an entity, the Affidavit/Release will include representations and warranties as to the authority of a given individual to act on behalf of the entity as well as for the entity itself to participate in the Promotion; and the Affidavit/Release must be signed by an individual at the entity with requisite authority to do so.
- If potential prize winner fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release, if potential prize winner is ineligible to receive the prize (including if a given individual did not have the requisite authority to enter the entity in the Sweepstakes or the entity’s written company policies prevent the entity from participating in a third party sweepstakes promotion) or the potential prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
- If a prize in the Credit Card Prize Drawing is forfeited, the alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible Credit Entries and Credit Mail Entries received; if a prize in the Debit Card Prize Drawing is forfeited, the alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible Debit Entries and Debit Mail Entries received.
– Winner’s choice of payment of qualifying purchase transactions on his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card during Promotion Period, up to a maximum of $5,000 OR a $500 Mastercard gift card
. (Qualifying purchase transactions are defined in “TO ENTER” section above.)
Debit Card Prize Drawing
FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES
– Winner’s choice of payment of qualifying purchase transactions on his/her DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card during Promotion Period, up to a maximum of $5,000 OR a $500 Mastercard gift card
. (Qualifying purchase transactions are defined in “TO ENTER” section above.)
Total Maximum ARV of all Prizes: $50,000.
Credit and Debit Card Purchase Prizes:
If winner has qualifying purchase transactions during Promotion Period totaling more than $5,000, winner will be solely responsible for the difference. If winner has qualifying purchase transactions during Promotion Period totaling less than $5,000, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise. Sponsor will award Grand Prize in the form or a credit to winner’s DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card Account (for Credit Card Grand Prize winners) or a credit to winner’s checking account linked to his/her DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card (for Debit Card Grand Prize winners).
If a Grand Prize winner made no qualifying purchase transactions during the Promotion Period by using his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card (for Credit Card Grand Prize winners) or DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card (for Debit Card Grand Prize winners), winner will receive the $500 Mastercard gift card. While Sponsor will endeavor to issue such credit approximately thirty (30) days of Administrator conducting the applicable random drawing, credit will not be issued until winner verification procedure has been completed. Prize will NOT be awarded as a cash or check payment to winner. Should the value of a Grand Prize (amount of credit) equal or exceed $600, such prize winning will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service in accordance with applicable law via 1099 Tax Form.
Mastercard Gift Card Prizes:
Gift card is subject to terms and conditions as indicated thereon or provided therewith. Gift card may be awarded in virtual (“e”) or physical format, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift card is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash, except as may be required by applicable law. If Winner(s) elect to receive the Mastercard Gift Card, the gift card of $500 shall constitute his/her prize in full and he/she will have no claim to the DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card or DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card qualifying purchase prize.
For All Prizes:
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person, family, household, address or entity. Prize cannot be substituted or transferred by winner. (However, if entity is the winner, it may use and distribute the prize however it sees fit.) Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of prize not expressly listed above are entirely the winner’s sole responsibility. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use, as applicable, Entrant’s name (personal or entity, as the case may be), hometown, likeness, statements, other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- By participating, Entrants (a) release Promotion Entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
- Neither Released Parties nor any service providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Entrants while participating in the Promotion, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information (for Debit/Credit Entry or Debit/Credit Mail Entry), incorrect/inaccurate recording of purchase transactions made using DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card and/or DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card, as applicable (or failure to record such purchase transactions altogether), or for any human or other error, lost data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, damaged, misdirected Debit/Credit Entries or Debit/Credit Mail Entries or postage due mail.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TAMPERING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ENGAGING IN “SHAM” TRANSACTIONS (NOT REAL, BONA FIDE TRANSACTIONS IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS) SO AS TO ILLICITLY ATTEMPT TO RECEIVE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Debit/Credit Mail Entries that are incomplete (including but not limited to Debit/Credit Mail Entries with both “DC” and “CC” on the outer envelope; or, with neither “DC” nor “CC” on the outer envelope), illegible or corrupted are void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid or misdirected Debit/Credit Entries or Debit/Credit Mail Entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Debit/Credit Entry or Debit/Credit Mail Entry and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the DFCU Financial Website (http://www.dfcufinanical.com) and the selection of the winners for the Debit Card Prize Drawing and/or the Credit Card Prize Drawing (as applicable) will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Debit/Credit Entries or Debit/Credit Mail Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.)
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘DFCU HOLIDAY SWEEPSTAKES’, PO BOX 2828, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winners’ list must be received by 1/25/22.