DFCU MACH-E SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of DFCU Financial (“Sponsor” or “DFCU”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The DFCU Mach-E Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins on 7/1/22 at 12:00 AM [midnight] Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 8/31/22 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).
DFCU Financial, 400 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who live in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan† who, as of 7/1/22, are eighteen (18) years of age or older, with a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Account and/or a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
linked to their DFCU personal checking account.**
†The Lower Peninsula is defined as consisting of Northern Michigan (including Alpena, Cadillac and Traverse City); Central Michigan (including Bay City, East Lansing, Flint, Lansing, Midland and Saginaw); West Michigan (including Georgetown Township, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Kentwood and Wyoming); Southeast Michigan (including Dearborn, Detroit, Livonia and Pontiac).
Please note: As applicable, personal accounts, as noted above in ‘Eligibility’, MUST be open for the duration of the Promotion Period as well as at the time of the random drawing/winner notification.
**For joint personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Accounts or joint personal checking accounts where a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
Debit Card has been issued to more than one (1) person, only the primary account holder (as per Sponsor’s records) will be considered the Entrant.
Promotion is void outside the Lower Peninsula of Michigan (as defined above) and where prohibited.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in the Promotion:
Agreement to the Official Rules:
- Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor, LaFontaine Ford of Frankenmuth Inc., Mastercard® International Incorporated, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities or any entity involved in the development, production, or implementation of the Promotion, including prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children, and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not.
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How To Enter:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
and/or your DFCU Debit Mastercard®
(whether made via the Credit or Debit option), you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Restrictions on Debit/Credit Entry:
The following transactions are not “qualifying” and therefore will not result in Entry :
**But, if the DFCU Debit Mastercard® purchase transaction is otherwise “qualifying,” the purchase transaction will still result in Entry.
- If Card is used to obtain cash via ATM or from a retailer when making purchase transaction** (for DFCU Debit Mastercard®) or for cash advance (for DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card).
If using DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Credit Card, the following transactions are also not “qualifying” and will not result in Entry:
How To Enter Without Purchase:
To receive one (1) Entry into the Promotion without a purchase:
- Use of DFCU Platinum Mastercard® to pay balances on Entrant’s other Credit Cards; or
- The transfer of balances from Entrant’s other Credit Cards to his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard®.
Random Drawing, Winner Notification:
- Print your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, email address, the last three (3) digits of your DFCU Platinum Mastercard® or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, and the year in which DFCU issued the corresponding Card to you on a 3” x 5” card;
- Mail the 3” x 5” card in a business-size (#10) envelope to DFCU Financial, P.O. Box 6048, Dearborn, MI 48121.
- Entries must be postmarked by 9/1/22 and received by 9/9/22.
- If copied or mechanically reproduced, 3” x 5” card submission will not result in receipt of Entry. Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted separately in its own business-size envelope to result in receipt of Entry; if more than one (1) 3” x 5” card is submitted in the same envelope, all 3” x 5” cards contained therein are void and no Entries will be received in conjunction therewith.
Prize/Approximate Retail Value (ARV):
- The potential winner will be selected randomly from among all eligible Entries received.
- Odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, on or about 9/13/22.
- Potential prize winner will be contacted by the Administrator by email or phone (in Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of notification.
- If potential prize winner fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release, if potential prize winner is ineligible to receive the prize or the potential prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the random drawing.
GRAND PRIZE (1) – A lease of a 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E SUV (“Vehicle”) and 48 amp Electric Vehicle Charging Station (ARV: $52,400). The Vehicle is a “DEMONSTRATION MODEL” or USED CAR and is NOT NEW. Use of the Vehicle may include test drives by prospective purchasers/lessors and/or by dealership personnel for business purposes. Such use has resulted in approximately 2,500 miles on the Vehicle.
Prize award is made contingent upon credit approval of winner by Ford Motor Credit Company‡ in its capacity as Finance Company in the Vehicle Lease Agreement. (Pursuant to the Lease Agreement, LaFontaine Ford of Frankenmuth Inc. is the Lessor of the Vehicle and Sponsor is the Lessee of the Vehicle.) If winner does not receive credit approval for any reason, Grand Prize will be forfeited, with Sponsor and the other Promotion Entities not having any liability to winner under any legal theory.
‡Ford Motor Credit Company has NOT sponsored, endorsed or authorized this DFCU, its services or this Sweepstakes in any way. Ford Motor Credit Company is identified herein solely for reference purposes.
In order to accept Grand Prize, winner must sign any and all required documentation whereby he/she agrees to replace Sponsor as the Lessee of the Vehicle. In doing so, winner will agree to become solely responsible for performing all obligations of Lessee under the Lease Agreement WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MAKING THE MONTHLY LEASE PAYMENTS UP UNTIL THE LEASE EXPIRATION DATE OF 4/26/25 AND AS OTHERWISE INDICATED HEREIN. The terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference and, should there be any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement and these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement shall prevail, govern and control solely with regard to the lease of the Vehicle (and, in all other cases, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.) By way of illustration only:
- The Vehicle has an allotment of 15,000 miles per year. Should winner exceed such allotment, he/she will be solely responsible for any additional payments required at end of lease term as per the Lease Agreement.
- If, upon its return at the end of lease term, the Vehicle is determined to have incurred excessive wear-and-tear, winner will be solely responsible for any additional payments as per the Lease Agreement.
In addition, notwithstanding the terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement, winner may only exercise the right to purchase the Vehicle from Lessor prior to the lease expiration date with the written consent of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind.
Winner must take delivery of the Vehicle from LaFontaine Ford of Frankenmuth Inc., 11661 N. Beyer Rd., Birch Run, Michigan (Saginaw County), 48415. To take delivery of the Vehicle, winner must provide his/her driver’s license and proof of insurance. Winner must take possession of the Vehicle no later than thirty (30) days after completion of prize claim procedure.
Sponsor and Promotion Entities strongly recommend that winner retain a licensed, experienced electrician to install Charging Station. The electrician’s services are NOT included as part of the Grand Prize and winner must pay for same at his/her sole expense. Winner further understands and agrees that installation of Charging Station may be subject to securing permits/approvals from local authorities as per applicable law, with such costs also being at his/her sole expenses.
Winner is also solely responsible for:
- Vehicle registration;
- license, tax and insurance fees incurred in accepting/using the Vehicle;
- costs associated with upgrades or options not included with the Vehicle; and
- all other unspecified expenses in conjunction acceptance and use of the Vehicle (e.g., costs of travel to/from LaFontaine Ford of Frankenmuth Inc. in Birch Run, Michigan to pick up the Vehicle; costs of maintenance and periodic inspection of Charging Station).
The actual Vehicle awarded as part of the Grand Prize may differ from images of same, including being a different color. Sponsor and Promotion Entities disclaim any and all liability under any legal theory for such differences.
If winner is not comfortable in agreeing to replace Sponsor as Lessee pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement as well as all of the other restrictions set forth herein, his/her sole recourse is to decline in the Grand Prize, in which case Sponsor and Promotion Entities shall not have any liability to him/her under any legal theory.
No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability (in whole or in part) for any reason and only then for prize/prize element of equal or greater value. Prize cannot be transferred by winner. Prize cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash. Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting value of prize and he/she agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor, LaFontaine Ford of Frankenmuth Inc. and/or Administrator as to compliance with all applicable government-tax reporting requirements, including by providing his/her Social Security Number. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use, as applicable, Entrant’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent, or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- By participating, Entrants (a) release Promotion Entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, the only warranties related to the Vehicle are those expressly indicated in the Lease Agreement and are subject to the accompanying warranty terms; and, the only warranties on the Charging Station are those of its manufacturer.
- Neither Released Parties nor any service providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Entrants while participating in the Promotion, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information (for Mail Entry), incorrect/inaccurate recording of purchase transactions made using DFCU Platinum Mastercard® and/or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, as applicable (or failure to record such purchase transactions altogether), or for any human or other error, lost data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, damaged, misdirected Entries or postage due mail.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TAMPERING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ENGAGING IN “SHAM” TRANSACTIONS (NOT REAL, BONA FIDE TRANSACTIONS IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS) SO AS TO ILLICITLY ATTEMPT TO RECEIVE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid, or misdirected Entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures, or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the DFCU Financial Website (http://www.dfcufinancial.com) and the selection of the winner will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.)
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winner’s list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘DFCU MACH-E SWEEPSTAKES’, PO BOX 2828, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winner’s list must be received by 9/30/22.