The DFCU gift card program has been discontinued as of December 31, 2017. For information on how to activate your card, check your balance, or report a missing or lost card, please see below.
Things to know about our gift cards:
Card Activation – IMPORTANT: Visa Gift Cards must be activated by the card recipient before card funds can be accessed for card transactions.
Other facts about Visa Gift Cards:
- Activate/Register card to access card funds, for more secure online purchases, to setup a PIN and for card balance information.
Visa Gift Card Terms and Conditions
- Purchase card amounts -- from $25 to $500 plus a fee of $3.95 per card
- Cards are non-reloadable; spending is limited to amount placed on the card by purchaser
- Cards may be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted including retail stores and online merchants
- Cards offer all the protection and security features you've come to expect from Visa
Visa Gift Cards FAQ
How does the gift card work?
The gift card is a prepaid, non-reloadable card used in places where Visa debit cards are accepted. Because it is a prepaid card, spending is limited to the amount of money applied to the card. When a purchase is made using the card, the purchase amount is deducted from the card balance.
Do I have to activate/register the card?
Yes. The card recipient must register/activate the card before funds are available for use. To ensure full access to card funds, secure a PIN, check balances, and provide added security for online purchases, it is important the recipient of the gift card be the person to activate and register the card, not necessarily the purchaser of the card. To register the card, go to Visa Gift Card website
. Note: A gift card dispute cannot be initiated if the card is not registered.
What are the card fees and costs?
How do I set up a PIN on the card?
- Price per gift card is $3.95
- Inactivity Fee of $3.50/month applies after 12 months of inactivity or non-usage; fee charged every month until the card expires, is used again, or is at zero balance
- Card Replacement Fee of $10 will be charged to the card if it is reissued or replaced
- Foreign Transaction Fee --1% of each foreign currency transaction
IMPORTANT: The recipient of the gift card must activate/register the card before funds can be accessed for card transactions and to setup a PIN. Card recipients may activate/register the card by calling the phone number on the back of the card -- 866.902.6082, or on the Visa Gift Card website
How do I report a gift card lost or stolen?
Please call 866-902-6082
Is the gift card a credit card?
- Cardholder must have the complete 16-digit card number before a replacement card can be reissued; in not, we can pull up the card information by their name or social security number if the cardholder registered the card online.
- $10 replacement fee will be debited from the available balance on the card; if the balance on the card is less than $35, we will simply unload remaining funds to the replacement card at no charge.
No. The gift card is a prepaid card that only spends up to the balance on the card.
How can I check the balance on my gift card?
Can I return merchandise I bought with my gift card?
Depending on the merchants return policies, they may credit your gift card, give you cash or provide you with an in-store credit. If your gift card is credited, it may take up to a week before the refund is available on your gift card. Always ask about merchant return policy before you purchase your items using a gift card.
What if I have a dispute?
The card must have be registered to initiate a dispute. Call the number on the back of the card -- 866.902.6082 -- within 60 days of the transaction.
What happens when the funds are spent?
The card is not reloadable; when card funds are depleted, and no returns are necessary, simply destroy the card.
Can I use the card for recurring transactions?
No. Gift cards may not be used for automatic recurring transactions such as Internet service or health club fees.
Are there any items my gift card may not be used to purchase?
The card may not be used for Internet gambling or any illegal activity.