2021 DFCU SPRING MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of DFCU Financial (“Sponsor” or “DFCU”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The 2021 DFCU “Spring Makeover” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins on 5/1/21 at 12:00 AM [midnight] Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 5/31/21 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).
DFCU Financial, 400 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who live and/or work in Michigan who, as of 5/1/21, are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have a personal DFCU Mastercard®
Platinum Credit Card Account and/or a DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card linked to their DFCU personal checking account**
Please note: Personal Accounts MUST be open for the duration of the Promotion as well as at the time of the winner drawing/winner notification.
**For joint personal DFCU Mastercard®
Platinum Credit Card Accounts or joint personal checking accounts where a DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card has been issued to more than one (1) person, only the primary account holder (as per Sponsor’s records) will be considered the Entrant.
Promotion is void outside of Michigan and where prohibited.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in the Promotion:
Agreement to the Official Rules:
- Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor, Mastercard® International Incorporated, Menards®, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities or any entity involved in the development, production, or implementation of the Promotion, including prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children, and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not.
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How To Enter:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Mastercard®
Platinum Credit Card and/or your DFCU Mastercard®
Debit Card (whether made via the Credit or Debit option), you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Restrictions on Debit/Credit Entry:
The following transactions are not “qualifying” and therefore will not result in Entry :
**But, if the DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card purchase transaction is otherwise “qualifying,” the purchase transaction will still result in Entry.
- If Card is used to obtain cash via ATM or from a retailer when making purchase transaction** (for DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card) or for cash advance (for DFCU Mastercard® Credit Card).
If using DFCU Mastercard®
Platinum Credit Card, the following transactions are also not “qualifying” and will not result in Entry:
- Use of DFCU Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card to pay balances on Entrant’s other Credit Cards; or
How To Enter Without Purchase:
To receive one (1) Entry into the Promotion without a purchase:
- The transfer of balances from Entrant’s other Credit Cards to his/her DFCU Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card.
- Print your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, email address, the last three (3) digits of your DFCU Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card or DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card, the year in which DFCU issued the corresponding Card to you on a 3” x 5” card;
- Mail the 3” x 5” card in a business-size (#10) envelope to DFCU Financial, P.O. Box 6048, Dearborn, MI 48121.
- Entries must be postmarked by 6/1/21 and received by 6/9/21.
Random Drawing, Winner Notification:
- If copied or mechanically reproduced, 3” x 5” card submission will not result in receipt of Entry. Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted separately in its own business-size envelope to result in receipt of Entry; if more than one (1) 3” x 5” card is submitted in the same envelope, all 3” x 5” cards contained therein are void and no Entries will be received in conjunction therewith.
Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (ARV):
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE:
- The potential winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, on or about 6/21/21.
- Potential prize winners will be contacted by the Administrator by email or phone (in Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of notification.
- If potential prize winner fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release, if potential prize winner is ineligible to receive the prize or the potential prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, such prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the random drawing.
$5,000 total in Menards®
gift cards and a Gift Package consisting of a duffel bag; a tool bag with tools; a digital frame; a wireless speaker; a blanket and two (2) crystal wine glasses (ARV up to $600). Total ARV of Grand Prize is $5,600.
FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES:
A $1,000 Menards®
gift card and a Gift Package consisting of a duffel bag; a tool bag with tools; a digital frame; a wireless speaker; a blanket and two (2) crystal wine glasses (ARV up to $600). ARV of each First Prize is $1,600. Total ARV of all First Prizes is $8,000.
Total Maximum ARV of all Prizes: $13,600.
Gift card issued by Menard, Inc. Gift card redeemable for merchandise purchase in-store at any Menards®
location or at www.menards.com
. Gift card is subject to terms and conditions as indicated thereon. Gift card is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash, except as may be required by applicable law.
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person, family, household, or address. Prize cannot be substituted or transferred by winner. Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting value of prize and he/she agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor and Administrator as to Sponsor’s compliance with all applicable government-tax reporting requirements, including by providing his/her Social Security Number. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of prize not expressly listed above are entirely the winner’s sole responsibility. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use, as applicable, Entrant’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent, or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- By participating, Entrants (a) release Promotion Entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize (that is, the gift card and merchandise for which it is redeemed).
- Neither Released Parties nor any service providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Entrants while participating in the Promotion, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information (for Mail Entry), incorrect/inaccurate recording of purchase transactions made using DFCU Mastercard® Platinum Credit Card and/or DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card, as applicable (or failure to record such purchase transactions altogether), or for any human or other error, lost data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, damaged, misdirected Entries or postage due mail.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TAMPERING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ENGAGING IN “SHAM” TRANSACTIONS (NOT REAL, BONA FIDE TRANSACTIONS IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS) SO AS TO ILLICITLY ATTEMPT TO RECEIVE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid, or misdirected Entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures, or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the DFCU Financial Website (http://www.dfcufinanical.com) and the selection of the winners will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.)
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘DFCU SPRING MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES’, PO BOX 2828, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winners’ list must be received by 6/9/21.
THE MENARDS® APPEARS BY PERMISSION FROM MENARD, INC. THE MENARDS® MARK IS A MENARD, FEDERALLY INC. DOES REGISTERED MARK NOT AUTHORIZE TRADEMARK OR OF ENDORSE MENARD, THE INC. PRODUCTS UNAUTHORIZED AND/OR USE OF SERVICES THIS MARK THAT IS ARE ILLEGAL.BEINGOFFERED BY THIS ESTABLISHMENT.