DFCU WIN-WIN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of DFCU Financial (“Sponsor” or “DFCU”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The DFCU Win-Win Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins on 9/1/2023 at 12:00 AM [midnight] Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 9/30/2023 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).
DFCU Financial, 400 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who live in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula†) or in Florida's Tampa Bay area††, who, as of 9/1/2023, are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and have a personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Account and/or a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
linked to their DFCU personal checking account.**
Please note: As applicable, personal checking accounts, as noted above in ‘Eligibility’, MUST be open for the duration of the Promotion Period as well as at the time of the random drawing/winner notification.
†Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is comprised of the following counties: Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft.
††Florida's Tampa Bay area is defined as the following counties in Florida: Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Manatee, and Sarasota.
**For joint personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Accounts or joint personal checking accounts where a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
Card has been issued to more than one (1) person, only the primary account holder (as per Sponsor’s records) will be considered the Entrant.
Promotion is offered only in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, as defined above) and Florida's Tampa Bay area (as defined above). Promotion is void outside the aforementioned area and where prohibited. Promotion is also void in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and in all counties of Florida OTHER THAN Florida's Tampa Bay area.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win the prize in the Promotion:
Agreement to the Official Rules:
- Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor, Mastercard® International Incorporated, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities or any entity involved in the development, production, or implementation of the Promotion, (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children, and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not.
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How To Enter:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
and/or your DFCU Debit Mastercard®
(whether made via the Credit or Debit option), you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Restrictions on Debit/Credit Entry:
The following transactions are not “qualifying” and therefore will not result in Entry :
**But, if the DFCU Debit Mastercard® purchase transaction is otherwise “qualifying,” the purchase transaction will still result in Entry.
- If Card is used to obtain cash via ATM or from a retailer when making purchase transaction** (for DFCU Debit Mastercard®) or for cash advance (for DFCU Platinum Mastercard®).
If using DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
, the following transactions are also not “qualifying” and will not result in Entry:
- Use of DFCU Platinum Mastercard® to pay balances on Entrant’s other Credit Cards; or
How To Enter Without Purchase:
To receive one (1) Entry into the Promotion without a purchase:
- The transfer of balances from Entrant’s other Credit Cards to his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard®.
- Print your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, email address, the last three (3) digits of your DFCU Platinum Mastercard® or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, the year in which DFCU issued the corresponding Card to you on a 3” x 5” card;
- Mail the 3” x 5” card in a business-size (#10) envelope to DFCU Financial Win-Win Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 6048, Dearborn, MI 48121.
- Entries must be postmarked by 10/2/2023 and received by 10/10/2023.
Random Drawing, Winner Notification:
- If copied or mechanically reproduced, 3” x 5” card submission will not result in receipt of Entry. Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted separately in its own business-size envelope to result in receipt of Entry; if more than one (1) 3” x 5” card is submitted in the same envelope, all 3” x 5” cards contained therein are void and no Entries will be received in conjunction therewith.
Prize/Approximate Retail Value (ARV):
ONE (1) PRIZE:
- The potential winner will be selected randomly from among all eligible Entries received.
- Odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, on or about 10/11/2023.
- Potential prize winner will be contacted by the Administrator by email or phone (in Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of notification.
- If potential prize winner fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release, if potential prize winner is ineligible to receive the prize or the potential prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, such prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the random drawing.
$10,000 cash (awarded as credit to DFCU account for winner; allow approximately 30 days after winner verification for funds to be credited to DFCU account) plus a donation of $10,000 to a charitable organization registered under Section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code and which is approved by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Total ARV of Prize: $20,000.
Additional Prize Restrictions:
Sponsor will make $10,000 donation directly to approved charitable organization in winner’s honor, with Sponsor, -- NOT winner -- receiving a charitable deduction and/or other tax benefits in conjunction therewith. Winner will have three (3) opportunities to select a charitable organization and, should winner fail to select an appropriate charitable organization, Sponsor will make the donation to a charitable organization of its sole choosing without further notice to winner. By way of example only, selected charitable organization should not be affiliated directly or indirectly with any religious or political cause, or espouse any viewpoint that demeans, insults or denigrates another individual because of his/her race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender/gender identification, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or other classification protected under law.
No prize substitution. Prize cannot be transferred by winner. Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting value of prize (i.e., $10,000) and he/she agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor and Administrator as to Sponsor’s compliance with all applicable government-tax reporting requirements, including by providing his/her Social Security Number. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of prize not expressly listed above are entirely the winner’s sole responsibility. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use, as applicable, Entrant’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, other information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent, or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- By participating, Entrants (a) release Promotion Entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize.
- Neither Released Parties nor any service providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Entrants while participating in the Promotion, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information (for Mail Entry), incorrect/inaccurate recording of purchase transactions made using DFCU Platinum Mastercard® and/or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, as applicable (or failure to record such purchase transactions altogether), or for any human or other error, lost data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, damaged, misdirected Entries or postage due mail.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TAMPERING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ENGAGING IN “SHAM” TRANSACTIONS (NOT REAL, BONA FIDE TRANSACTIONS IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS) SO AS TO ILLICITLY ATTEMPT TO RECEIVE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid, or misdirected Entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures, or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the DFCU Financial Website (http://www.dfcufinancial.com/win-win) and the selection of the winner will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan).
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winner’s list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘DFCU WIN-WIN SWEEPSTAKES’, PO BOX 2825, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winner’s list must be received by 10/13/2023.