Enjoy these benefits with a DFCU Financial debit Mastercard:
- Peace of mind - With Mastercard's Zero Liability Protection for unauthorized transactions.
- Safety - It eliminates the need to carry cash or your checkbook.
- Fast transactions - No need to write checks or verify your ID. Just swipe your card. Funds are withdrawn directly from your checking account. It's just like an electronic check!
- Payment type options - Choose from PIN- or signature-based transactions (you will need to choose the "credit" option at the point of sale). Signature-based transactions are protected by Mastercard and helpful in the event of a dispute.
- Convenience - Shop at home either online or over the phone. Use your card outside the US to make cash withdrawals or purchases.
- Easy record keeping - Payee information shows up in downloads to your favorite personal financial software, such as Quicken.
- Earn Cash Back for choosing us for your everyday banking needs.
As of September 1, 2021, all new and replacement DFCU debit Mastercards will offer contactless capability. That means you will be able to "tap & pay" at participating merchants, just like you do with your DFCU Platinum Mastercard credit card. Contactless payment is easy, safe, and secure.
How to use contactless payment:
- Look for the Near Field Communication symbol at the merchant's payment terminal at checkout.
- If they have it, hold the card within one to two inches of the contactless symbol when prompted.
- If your purchase is approved, you’ll receive confirmation—typically a beep, green light, or check mark.
If you suspect fraud on your card...we can help.
Follow the links below to see how we actively protect your card and transactions, and how to report potential fraud.
Mastercard Debit Card Disputes/Fraud and FAQ
Mastercard Debit Card Security and Fraud Protection