DFCU SCORE FOUR SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of DFCU Financial (“Sponsor” or “DFCU”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The DFCU "Score Four" Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins on 2/1/2024 at 12:00 AM [midnight] Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 2/29/2024 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).
DFCU Financial, 400 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who live in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula†) or in Florida's Tampa Bay area††, who, as of 2/1/2024, are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have a personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Account and/or a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
linked to their DFCU personal checking account.**
Please note: As applicable, personal checking accounts, as noted above in ‘Eligibility,’ MUST be open for the duration of the Promotion Period as well as at the time of the random drawing/winner notification.
†Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is comprised of the following counties: Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft.
††Florida's Tampa Bay area is defined as the following counties in Florida: Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Manatee, and Sarasota.
**For joint personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Accounts or joint personal checking accounts where a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
Card has been issued to more than one (1) person, only the primary account holder (as per Sponsor’s records) will be considered the Entrant.
Promotion is offered only in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, as defined above) and Florida's Tampa Bay area (as defined above.) Promotion is void outside the aforementioned areas and where prohibited. Promotion is also void in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and in all counties of Florida OTHER THAN Florida's Tampa Bay area.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in the Promotion:
- Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor, Mastercard® International Incorporated, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities or any entity involved in the development, production, or implementation of the Promotion, including prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children, and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not.
International Incorporated is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is not responsible for the selection of the winner or the award/fulfillment of the prize. The Mastercard®
trademark is used herin solely for reference purposes}
Agreement to the Official Rules:
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How To Enter:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
and/or your DFCU Debit Mastercard®
(whether made via the Credit or Debit option), you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Restrictions on Debit/Credit Entry:
The following transactions are not “qualifying” and therefore will not result in Entry :
How To Enter Without Purchase:
To receive one (1) Entry into the Promotion without a purchase:
- If Card is used to obtain cash via ATM or from a retailer when making purchase transaction** (for DFCU Debit Mastercard®) or for cash advance (for DFCU Platinum Mastercard®).
- **But, if the DFCU Debit Mastercard® purchase transaction is otherwise “qualifying,” the purchase transaction will still result in Entry.
- If using DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card, the following transactions are also not “qualifying” and will not result in Entry:
- Use of DFCU Platinum Mastercard® to pay balances on Entrant’s other Credit Cards; or
- The transfer of balances from Entrant’s other Credit Cards to his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard®.
Random Drawing, Winner Notification:
- Print your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, email address, the last three (3) digits of your DFCU Platinum Mastercard® or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, and the year in which DFCU Financial issued the corresponding Card to you on a 3” x 5” card;
- Mail the 3” x 5” card in a business-size (#10) envelope to DFCU Financial, P.O. Box 6048, Dearborn, MI 48121.
- Entries must be postmarked by 3/1/2024 and received by 3/8/2024.
- If copied or mechanically reproduced, 3” x 5” card submission will not result in receipt of Entry. Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted separately in its own business-size envelope to result in receipt of Entry; if more than one (1) 3” x 5” card is submitted in the same envelope, all 3” x 5” cards contained therein are void and no Entries will be received in conjunction therewith.
Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (ARV):
- The potential winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible Entries received.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, on or about 3/12/2024.
- Potential prize winner will be contacted by the Administrator by email or phone (in Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of notification.
- If potential prize winner fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release, if potential prize winner is ineligible to receive the prize or the potential prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the random drawing.
ONE (1) PRIZE: Two (2) tickets to winner’s choice of one (1) regular season home game of each Professional Sports Team (football, baseball, basketball and hockey) in Detroit or Tampa (subject to Sponsor approval and additional restrictions below) taking place no later than December 31, 2024; voucher valid for parking at venue of approved game (subject to terms and conditions indicated thereon/provided therewith); DFCU-logoed merchandise; $200 gift card (issuer of Sponsor’s sole choosing; subject to terms and conditions as indicated thereon/provided therewith). ARV: $5,000.
If winner lives in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, as defined above), “Professional Sports Team” is defined as professional baseball, football, hockey, or basketball which plays its home games in Detroit; if winner lives in the Tampa Bay area, as defined above, “Professional Sports Team” is defined as professional baseball, football, or hockey which plays its home games in Tampa/St. Petersburg, and professional basketball which plays its home games in Orlando (the Tampa Bay area does not have a professional basketball team.) For the avoidance of doubt, if the winner lives in Michigan, he/she must select a professional baseball, football, hockey, or basketball team which plays its home games in Detroit; and, if the winner lives in the Tampa Bay area, he/she must select a professional baseball, football or hockey team which plays its home games in Tampa/St. Petersburg and the professional basketball team which plays its home games in Orlando.
In all cases, “regular season” is defined as home games which count in the regular season standings (that is, excluding exhibition games and playoff games) which are played in Detroit or Tampa/St. Petersburg/Orlando as applicable.
Games with promotional giveaways/programming, on holidays or against certain opponents may be excluded. Choice of game is subject to availability, Sponsor’s approval in its sole discretion and other restrictions including advanced notice requirements. Winner may not receive his/her first choice of game for a selected Professional Sports Team.
Seat type and location at approved game is subject to availability and to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Tickets, gift card and/or parking voucher may be awarded in electronic form; and, in such case, it is the winner’s sole responsibility to download any mobile application or the like at his/her sole expense in order to take possession of tickets/gift card/parking voucher.
Tickets are governed by a revocable, nontransferable license, including prohibition on sale/re-sale, exchange, transfer, assignment, auction, barter, donation, placement into commerce or other form of conveyance as well as addressing procedure if applicable game is not conducted as originally scheduled due to inclement weather, pandemic/epidemic, civil commotion, other force majeure, or any other reason. Venue and Professional Sports Team restrictions may also apply. Such restrictions may include without limitation acceptable conduct while attending applicable game, materials that may not be brought into venue (e.g., alcohol, weapons), bag policy, health requirements (e.g., provision of negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination against COVID-19) and security screenings.
Person attending approved game as winner’s guest (if a minor, his/her parent, or legal guardian; i.e., the winner) must complete, sign, and return a Guest Liability and Publicity Release, prior to attendance at approved game.
Prize cannot be substituted, redeemed/exchanged for cash (except for gift card component of prize where required by applicable law) or transferred by winner in whole or in part. Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of prize not expressly listed above are entirely the winner’s sole responsibility, including travel to/from approved game, souvenirs, and meals at game. If any component of prize is declined or unused by winner for any reason, no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use, as applicable, Entrant’s name, hometown, likeness, statements for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent, or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- By participating, Entrants (a) release Promotion Entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component of same.
- Neither Released Parties nor any service providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Entrants while participating in the Promotion, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information (for Debit/Credit Entry or Mail Entry), incorrect/inaccurate recording of purchase transactions made using DFCU Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card and/or DFCU Mastercard® Debit Card, as applicable (or failure to record such purchase transactions altogether), or for any human or other error, lost data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, damaged, misdirected Debit/Credit Entries or Mail Entries or postage due mail.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TAMPERING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ENGAGING IN “SHAM” TRANSACTIONS (NOT REAL, BONA FIDE TRANSACTIONS IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS) SO AS TO ILLICITLY ATTEMPT TO RECEIVE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Mail Entries that are incomplete illegible or corrupted are void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid, or misdirected Debit/Credit Entries or Mail Entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures, or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Debit/Credit Entry or Mail Entry and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the DFCU Financial Website (http://www.dfcufinancial.com) and the selection of the winner for the random drawing will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Debit/Credit Entries or Mail Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.)
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘DFCU SCORE FOUR SWEEPSTAKES,’ PO BOX 2825, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winners’ list must be received by 3/25/2024.